Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lesson 7

Emailing can be a good tool to contact people about overdue books and books that they can pick up at the library. It is also a good way to contact people with messages. It is important to limit the time you spend checking email. If it is not important just delete the message.

IM will probably work best when the library is large enough to support having tech people in it. Small libraries will probably have trouble with staffing . I have tried IM and really don't like it. When I am focusing on email or doing things on the internet, I prefer not to be interupted.

I don't have a cell phone so I am not able to text message. I do think text messaging is more polite in public places.

I liked opal. This could save a lot of time and money for libraries by doing conferencing on the web. I do think you need to have some face to face contact.

No comments: